When the days get longer and warmer, life probably feels less hectic. That is why summer is the perfect time to improve your health while having the seasonal fun.
- Start with improving your diet, it doesn’t have to be the same old salad or lentils, you can have berries instead: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, whichever you like. Berries are not only rich with antioxidants (help prevent age-related illness), they are full of cholesterol-controlling fibers too.
- If not berries try some other fruit. Watermelons, pineapple, melons anything.
- Get outside in the sunshine! Relieve your stress by taking a stroll or a swim in the river Rhein.
- If you don’t enjoy swimming, try gardening, it earths all you worry. It relaxes your winded mind. Try finding activities which you enjoy, go biking, hiking, walking, jogging, etc.
- Now, make sure to add elements of excitement into your summer. Try making home-made ice cream. It is healthier and much much tastier. Pick your flavor, have a scoop and freeze all your worries for a month or two.
- Keep hydrating yourself! No matter what exercise you do, where you travel, remember to drink water. If you think water is too plain, lemonade will do just the same.
So just try and relax, cool it and with these simple bare necessities, made by using old mother nature’s facilities, this summer will bring happiness to you.
By Keya (MYP5)