As the temperatures start to drop and the nights draw in, the feel of autumn is in the air. Autumn is full of colours, nature and home – cooked foods. A favourite activity to do this season is baking; it’s rewarding, tasty and ultimately fun! This recipe is perfect for those cool autumnal mornings as you will start the day feeling warm inside, with the aroma of cinnamon. As well as tasting delicious it is also very healthy, as it is naturally flavoured and sweetened by the banana, if you wanted to go one step further you could also use a non-stick pan instead of sunflower oil. I would highly recommend giving it a go, enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 – 12mins
Difficulty rating: Easy
Makes : 3 small pancakes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sunflower oil (for the pan)
- frying pan
- Firstly, mash the banana in the bowl.
- Next, add the flour, egg and cinnamon.
- Whisk until smooth (if there are some small lumps that’s also fine).
- Heat the stove at a low temperature.
- Place a 1/3 of the mixture (aprox. 2 tbsp).
- When the pancake is golden brown on one side, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve and eat!
Tested and adapted from Cooking Light
By Sophia P (MYP3)