By En Yu (MYP3)
This is a recipe of a Chinese dish that is easy to make and delicious to eat!
- 3 eggs
- 150 g of shrimp
- 1 sprig of spring onion
Seasoning (for egg)
- ½ tsp of oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of room temperature boiled water
Seasoning (for shrimp)
- 1 tsp of salt (for washing shrimp)
- ¼ tsp of salt (for seasoning)
- 1 tsp of oil
- White pepper
- Remove the head, shell and intestine of the shrimp.
- Soak the shrimp in water with 1 tsp of salt for 5 minutes. (for making the shrimp more crispy)
- After 5 minutes, wash the shrimp. Then, drain the shrimp, set it aside.
- Add 1 tsp of oil, pinch of white pepper and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix it well.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. Beat it.
- Then, add 1 cup of room temperature boiled water. Mix it well.
- Pour the egg into the bowl with shrimp. Stir it gently to remove the bubble.
- Boil a pot of water. Then, steam the egg. Cover it and switch heat to medium. (If you don’t know how to steam food, here is an article about how to steam food without a steamer basket.)
- After 2 minutes, stick a toothpick into the centre of the steamed egg for testing. The egg is set if the toothpick can stand vertically. If it can’t, repeat this step.
- After the toothpick can stand vertically. Add the spring onion on it.
- Turn the heat off, cover it for half a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!